Thursday, January 5, 2012

Questions and Answers

I love having a birthday right after New Year's Day. Being born on the 10th of January, I consider my new year, and my new year's resolutions, don't need to start until then. So, by the time most people have given up or completely forgotten their new goals, I haven't failed yet...because I haven't even started.

Which means I still have five more days *not* to start my training regimen without guilt. :)

Then I read my daily devotion in this book I received from a little bird titled, "Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy." Other than referring to God as "Spirit" so as not to offend the masses who don't want to put a name on their "higher power," I am loving the quotes and the questions and the short passages that motivate personal reflection.

I wanted to share Monday's message with the rest of Martha's Bitches, I mean Pansies:
  • What if you knew that a year from today you could be living the most creative, joyous, and fulfilling life you could imagine?
  • What would it be?
  • What changes would you make?
  • How and where would you begin?
Which made me think...instead of making excuses for another 10 days, why don't I start now so I can get "there" sooner? The answer to that question is the same answer to the question: Why can't I fit into any of my pants?

But that doesn't matter now. I know how I got here. What is more important is knowing how and where I begin living "the most fulfilling life I can imagine."

Nothing is holding me back more in life than being uncomfortable in my own body and not living a healthier and more active lifestyle. And so it all begins with a 30-minute walk/run up and down the hill to my lake. Just like the schedule recommends. Tomorrow, instead of next Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment